Lawn Care Tips: How to control voles.
1. Place egg shells in the entrance to their hole. They don’t like the feeling on their belly and will vacate.
2. DCON will kill them as well as mice. But please be careful with this as the poison will also affect children and pets.
3. Mix up a solution of 1 pint of Castor Oil with 1 gallon of water and spread it over 2500 square feet. This should repel them for 4-6 weeks.
4. Pour human urine in their entrance. They don’t like the smell and should vacate.
5. Whack-A-Vole. One of my neighbors floods their hole with hose water and then whacks them with a shovel when they pop out of their hole.