Click here to download the Chanshare Lawn Care Guide.
Click here to download Fertilizing_and_Watering Guide.
Watch this video for April Lawn Care Tips.
April Quick Tips for Lawns:
- Do not set a regular watering schedule yet. Only apply water if it is absolutely necessary this month.
- Only apply fertilizer if you didn’t apply a winterizer fertilizer late last year.
- Apply a Pre-Emergent Weed Control if worried about weeds. If it contains Quinclorac it will be highly effective against broadleaf grassy weeds.
- Wait as long as possible to do your first mowing to create stronger roots.
- Use the month to make sure your sprinkler system is in good repair.
Randy talks about Watergrass and other foreign grasses in this video.
For over 33 years Chanshare Farms has been growing, delivering, and installing the finest sod in Utah and the Intermountain Region. Chanshare offers 4 blends of Kentucky Bluegrass that are all Water-Wise™ and cultivated especially for the Intermountain Region. Chanshare’s sod is drought tolerant, disease resistant turf that is perfectly suited for Utah’s weather.
Click on any of the links below to learn more about Chanshare’s Water-Wise Turf.
Chanshare’s Turf Overview – Side by side comparison of all our turf
Chanshare’s Desert Green – Cultivated to be low input. Requires less than 17″ water.
Chanshare Native Seed – Blended to be zero input with a Native Grass look and feel.
Chanshare’s Imperial Blue – Perfect for residential or medium traffic areas.
Chanshare’s Royal Blue I & II – Higher plant density and sandy growing medium for sports play.
Chanshare’s Prestige Pro Golf – Completely customized seed blends and cultivation for Golf Courses.